Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Gerald R. Ford - Liberator of Poland

Gerald R. Ford - From the 1976 Presidential Debate with Jimmy Carter:

"I don't believe ... that the Yugoslavians consider themselves dominated by the Soviet Union. I don't believe that the Romanians consider themselves dominated by the Soviet Union. I don't believe that the Poles consider themselves dominated by the Soviet Union. Each of these countries is independent, autonomous, it has its own territorial integrity, and the United States does not concede that those countries are under the domination of the Soviet Union."

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Wasn't that the year you graduated from high school?

Quite a memory you have there, Gomez.

All I know about Gerald Ford I learned at the Gerald R. Ford Museum in downtown Grand Rapids. Which is where he will be buried. You'll have to come visit the eternal flame next time you're in River City.